Around Town with… Ana Maria Muñoz of Port of Raleigh

In this series, we poll our in-the-know friends on what they love to see, do, eat and more in the Triangle. 

Emily Lyons-Wood

Ana Maria Muñoz is the owner of Port of Raleigh, a modern home and design store in the heart of downtown Raleigh that features contemporary home goods from well-known, independent and emerging designers. She lets us in on places that she enjoys with her family as well as where to find the best cocktails for date night. 

What’s your favorite spot downtown? 

The roof terrace at The Dillon. Every good downtown should have vantage points like it.

Jillian Clark

Where do you go when you’re feeling a ‘treat yourself’ day?

Three places: Treat Ice Cream, Amorino for gelato and now Two Roosters ice cream in their new location off Person Street (can you tell I have a four-year-old?).

What’s your hidden gem in Raleigh?

The Hunt Library at N.C. State. What a treasure trove of modern design!

Tough decision, Char-Grill or Snoopy’s?

Char-Grill. Particularly the Hillsborough Street location with its original mid-century building. It reminds me of burger joints in L.A. where I grew up.

Geoff Wood

What’s your go-to coffee shop and usual order?

Heirloom: caramel latte (a.m.), Sake (p.m.).

Smith Hardy

Where is your favorite place to grab lunch?

Whiskey Kitchen. They have an incredible $10 lunch menu.

What’s your favorite place for a weekday happy hour?

I wish I did happy hour! I do love a good patio-side margarita from Humble Pie when the stars align between work and family.

Is there anything else in town that you love and want to share?

I always share the NCMA with visitors. It’s an impressive, immersive place that we’re lucky to have.