St. Paddy’s Run Green 8K

Sumit Vohra, CEO and "Chief Drinking Officer" of Lonerider Brewing Company in Raleigh

Sumit Vohra, CEO and “Chief Drinking Officer” of Lonerider Brewing Company in Raleigh

photograph by Travis Long

“On March 7 there’s a kilt run in downtown Raleigh. I’ll be buying a Lonerider kilt and running in it. The largest training plan is to secure the kilt; I probably won’t run for very long. It’s going to be a blast.” – Sumit Vohra, CEO & Chief Drinking Officer, Lonerider Brewing Company

After leaving Delhi, India, at the age of 16 to get undergraduate and master’s degrees in computer science, a job with Citrix brought Vohra, now 36, to Brier Creek more than a decade ago. He decided to get his MBA from UNC-Chapel Hill so that he could start a tech company – but the business plan he just couldn’t shake was making craft beer. In 2009, he opened one of Raleigh’s first craft breweries, Lonerider Brewing Company. “It’s the only thing I know that gets people to come together and actually have honest conversations.”

Join Vohra at the St. Paddy’s Run Green 8K, which also has a 200-meter kilt dash option. $35; Moore Square; nogrunclub.com/stpaddys.