Josh Bellamy’s Favorite Places to Eat & Drink

The co-owner of the niche bakery, Boulted Bread share’s where he goes for a quick bite, great cocktail and caffeine.
by Catherine Currin

For our 2023 Guide to Where to Eat and Drink in the Triangle, we surveyed a dozen food industry folks to find their go-to spots for everything from an elegant date night to a casual drink, to the best place to bring someone in from out-of-town. Boulted Bread co-owner Josh Bellamy was one of them. At his small South Street bakery, folks line up before opening to grab their famous flakier-than-flaky croissants filled with artisan chocolate or cream cheese, morning buns, currant scones and bread. Below, we learn where Bellamy goes for comfort food, a good cup of coffee and international fare.

Where do you go for a good craft beverage?

Stanbury. Whatever wine Sydney Nazerian is stoked on. Or the Chocolate-Chai Hot Chocolate from Escazu.

What’s your go-to dive?

The Goat. It’s the real deal.

Where do you go for a date night?

M Sushi. Incredible food but I can remain demure and coy.

Poole’s Diner

Where do you take an out-of-towner?

Poole’s Diner. Such a great introduction to our city.

What’s your favorite coffee spot?

Jubala. I go to the North Hills location every Monday. I go to the Hillsborough Street location when I need a quick fix.

Where do you go for brunch?

State Farmers Market Restaurant or St Roch Fine Oysters + Bar.

Whose a chef to watch?

Clayton Ludwigson at Jolie

If you have to pick your last meal on earth…

Char-Grill. I’d order the double cheeseburger with mayo, mustard, chili and onions, fries, a medium Pepsi, and a loaded hotdog for dessert.

What’s a place that’s worth the drive?

Ronni’s Restaurant in Clemmons. Carpeted floors and delicious wings.

Do you have a favorite new spot?

I’m ashamed that I’ve not dined at Fine Folk yet. I’m sorry. And ashamed.

Where do you go for a meal to-go?

El Rey del Taco

What’s your weekday lunch spot?

Cold Off the Press to maintain my glow.

Where do you go for international cuisine?

Imperial Garden

This article was originally published on December 29, 2022 on waltermagazine.com