This is Why We Support WINi

Bank of America has been a partner of WALTER’s event for young women for four years because they believe in empowering women.
by Kari Stoltz, Triangle Market President for Bank of America

Empowering young women to pursue their passions and innovate aligns perfectly with one of our top priorities — supporting women. 

At Bank of America, our ongoing work to invest in women as they make meaningful contributions within our company and in our communities includes our focus on being a great place to work for our female employees, making the financial lives of our female clients and customers better and advancing the economic empowerment of women around the world. 

On behalf of my 600 Bank of America colleagues in the Triangle market, we are proud to serve as the presenting sponsor for the fourth annual WINi event. 

We have a strong representation of women at all levels of our organization, and our support of women is evident in the resources we dedicate to recruiting female talent to our company. Today, women make up 50 percent of Bank of America’s global workforce. 

The WINi event is a special occasion to celebrate female innovation and for young women to hear about the tenacity and self-discovery that go into building a career.

My daughters have attended previous WINi events with me, and they haven’t forgotten the panelists who inspired them to think about a bright future filled with opportunities. While I always try to encourage my daughters, attending WINi together was a way to connect them directly to the important experiences and perspectives of incredible female leaders in our region.

Now more than ever, as we collectively navigate the challenges we face in our communities, our organization remains committed to supporting young adults of all backgrounds by connecting them to jobs, skills-building, and leadership development. Creating opportunities for our young people to gain skills and build a network is a powerful investment in the future of our community.

Bank of America has also been recognized as 2019’s World’s Best Bank for Diversity and Inclusion by Euromoney, ranked among the 100 Best Companies by Working Mother Magazine for 32 consecutive years and was named a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For and a PEOPLE Magazine Companies that Care. While we are proud of these recognitions and others like them, we are also so honored to participate in our local community and support women in the Triangle market specifically through partnerships like this one we have with WALTER Magazine, WINi and WINnovation.

Women like those who participate in WINi understand that, together, we can empower women to find a rewarding profession where they can pursue their passions and make a difference in other peoples’ lives, as well as in the community.