Written & Photographed by CC Parker
CC Parker shares tips from her family paddle down the Neuse with WALTER.
TIPS BEFORE YOU GO
1. Paddle Creek offers a Friday Twilight paddle that could be sublime.
2. There is room on the kayak for a small cooler but not much more.
3. Apply sunscreen and bug spray before you leave the house—you definitely need to bring hats or sunglasses.
4. I recommend you leave your keys at the check-in.
5. Don’t be the first in the van—they load back to front and it gets a little claustrophobic back there.
6. Don’t put the drink cooler on the boat of over-achievers. (And go on and bring that bottle of wine.)