Yield: 4 servings
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups chopped leeks
1 head of cauliflower
4 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 cup cream
Sea salt and white pepper
1. Wash the cauliflower under running water, then cut into pieces and reserve.
2. Keep only the white of the leeks, wash thoroughly then chop it.
3. In a non-reactive pan over the stove, add the butter, let it melt, then add the leeks. Let the leeks cook for 5 minutes, until translucent.
4. Add the cauliflower, cook for a few minutes, then add the chicken stock. Let cook for an additional 30 minutes.
5. When the cauliflower is very tender, mix it with a hand mixer or a food processor with the cream (start with 1 cup) until smooth. You can strain it if you want to make it very French.
6. Taste, then add salt and pepper if desired. Use white pepper; it’s a nice way to hide it in the soup.
7. Garnish with some chives, if desired. It’s delicate and pretty.