Fresh fish, Sriracha and Duke’s mayonnaise make this dish a best-seller at the Warehouse District restaurant.
Recipe courtesy Humble Pie
Tuna Tartare with Spicy Mayo and Pork Rinds
- 2 cups (about 2 small fillets) yellowfin tuna
- 1/4 cup Duke’s mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of mirin or rice wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons wildflower honey
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons sliced chives
- 2 bags pork rinds
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut tuna into chunks, then dice into small pieces. In a small bowl, combine the Sriracha, garlic, mirin, soy sauce, honey, shallot and chives. Pour over the tuna, then add in mayonnaise a spoonful at a time until you have a consistency that you like (you may have some left over). Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with pork rinds.